Australia Forum Threads for the week of October 30, 2006
Check out these topics currently being discussed on the Australasia forum at BootsnAll:
- Keppie will be in Darwin for a week, and is looking for the cheapest way to see Kakadu – the $350 tours are more than a bit over her budget!
- Huddo_55 wasn’t supposed to be backpacking in Melbourne in December, but that’s the way it’s turning out. Now he’s looking for recommendations for good hostels or other cheap accommodations around Victoria. Got any ideas?
- Kings of the Sun is less than enthusiastic about the “Oz Experience” tours that, he says, have a stranglehold on Australian hostels. Are they really as bad as all that? And if so, what are the options for travelers?
- Sohniye needs to book one night at a hostel in Alice Springs, and is kind of scared by some of the reviews she’s read. Any recommendations out there?
- Finally, lazyjayn has a six and a half hour layover in the Sydney airport, and is really hoping that’s enough time to get out of the airport and see something of the city – without spending a fortune!
Please contribute your thoughts and comments to these threads! And if you’re not already a member, sign-up here – it’s free!