International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Avast ye Beauties!
Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? … Oh, wait. That’s for Talk Like a PARROT Day. Har Har Har! Well, Australia is a land that is surrounded by the sea and is rich with stories of daring sea exploration. So in honor of the day that all good fun loving people should enjoy! I dedicate this post to the silliest international holiday of them all!
Click here to see how to celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day at Work
Pirate Personality Test: Answer the questions and Get a Pirate name! Check out mine!
My pirate name is: Captain Ethel Kidd: Even though there’s no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you’re the one in charge. Even though you’re not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr! I like it!
Top 10 Pirate pick up lines as abridged somewhat for family viewing from TalklikeaPirate.com (that site has tons of fun Pirate stuff!)
Pirate lingo is rich and complicated, sort of like a good stew. There are several other sites that offer glossaries that are pretty good, and you can find some of them on our links page.
Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- 10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
- 9. Wanna shiver me timbers?
- 8. Come on up and see me urchins.
- 7. I’ve sailed the seven seas, and you’re the sleekest schooner I’ve ever sighted
- 6. I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
- 5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
- 4. How’d you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
- 3. Let’s get together and haul some keel..
- 2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
- 1. Prepare to be boarded.
Bonus pickup lines (when the ones above don’t work, as they often won’t)
- 11. That’s the finest pirate booty I’ve ever laid eyes on.
- 12. That’s some treasure chest you’ve got there.
Top Ten Pickup Lines for the Lady Pirate by popular demand …
- 10. What are YOU doing here?
- 9. Is that a belayin’ pin in yer britches, or are ye … (this one is never completed)
- 8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
- 7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, “Cap’n Feathersword?”
- 6. That’s quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
- 5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I’ve had a twenty percent decrease in me “lice ratio!”
- 4. I’ve crushed seventeen men’s skulls between me thighs!
- 3. C’mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
- 2. RAMMING SPEED!
…and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:
- 1. You. Pants Off. Now!